CHIEF EXECUTIVE Officer for Ghana Arewa Empire, a non-governmental organization (NGO),Sanusi Abdul Mujeeb on Monday launched what he has termed ‘GHAEMA AWARDS’, which is to reward talents from Hausa speaking communities in the country.
Speaking to this reporter after the official launch, the CEO said nominations are open for persons who delight in participating in everything entertainment to do so.
He said interested persons could compete in areas such as rap music, hi-life music, hip-life, dancehall, afro-beats, hip-pop, acting, comedy, reggae music, as well as many others.
‘’This project is specially designed to attract talents particularly amongst the youth in Hausa speaking communities across the country who will be expected to file their nominations to enable them to get short-codes to allow for voting from the public from the 15th to the 30th of January 2023 where nominations would close’’, the CEO explained.
The CEO revealed that the maiden award ceremony would take place in the Ashanti Region at the Prempeh Assembly hall.
He also disclosed that 70% of the votes would come from the public with the remaining 30% being the points or votes that would come from a panel of judges who would be in charge of the final day performances.
He noted that the awards would be held after the Muslim Ramadan Fast since most of the persons who will be competing would be from mostly Muslim communities.
‘’I urge all interested youth who can confidently express their talents in public to take up nomination forms from the site of the GHAEMA Awards and apply to participate and win awards slated for all the categories they would be competing under’’, the CEO noted.
Rewards And Sponsorship:
The CEO said winners in every category would receive special recognitions and awards for their positions.
He noted that participants who would impress but may not win the eventual prizes would also be recognized.
Mr Sanusi has meanwhile appealed to individuals and corporate organizations to partner him to sponsor the GHAEMA event.
He noted that together they could unearth more talents into the entertainment industry of Ghana and cause development in the sector and the economy.
BY Michael Ofosu-Afriyie